Our vision at Elim Church Dunedin is more people becoming more like Jesus. We are a community, a family, who are becoming more Christ-like in our being and doing. We prioritise relationships by whole-heartedly loving God and loving people, all in response to His great love for us. It looks like a grace-filled community of people who are doing the very things Jesus did; teaching the truth, healing the sick, serving the marginalised, and above all, making disciples of Jesus.
How? Through studying and living out God's Word, through joy-filled worship of our amazing God, and through the power of the Holy Spirit who brings break-through and encouragement.
Get connected and be part of what God is doing in Elim Dunedin.
I love being married to my wife Rebecca, and we enjoy doing life and fun with our three children. I get up each morning to share the life of Jesus with people around me. I carry a great vision for the church as the body of Christ, developed in me over 15 years with Colin Dye at Kensington Temple. I also previously lead a bible college - International Bible Institute of London (IBIOL) where we're raising workplace revivalists.
1. We believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of Heaven and Earth
2. And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord
3. Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary
4. Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried, He descended to the dead.
5. On the third day He rose again from the dead.
6. He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of God the Father.
7. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
8. We believe in the Holy Spirit
9. We believe in the holy universal church: the communion of saints,
10. The forgiveness of sins,
11. The resurrection of the body,
12. And the life everlasting. Amen.
Hon Chew Then
Dr Sam Maculay
Heather & Dr Brent Wishart